Monday, April 20, 2009

One more

I'm playing catch up today with my blog so I apologize for all the info at once but I didn't want to forget anything....though i feel as though I have...hmm

Anywho, more updates from the weekend. I washed ALL the 0-3 month clothing I had from James and picked out a couple things to put into the Birth bag. We have 4 newborn diapers to work with and I plan to get my hands on some size 1 in the next week or two. James wore Newborn size for...just over 12 hours before we figured out they really were too small for him. I'm just going by a gut feeling but.... I sense the same may be the case this time around, but who knows. We can always stop and buy, or have someone stop for us, right after he is born.

We mowed the grass yesterday....whew. I had forgotten how long that can take but thank goodness James was asleep and let D and I tackle it together for almost 2 hours. Even then we didn't finish up till later at which point D had a small patch left to do when the mower died (transmission or a belt we think) and he had to push-mow the last bit. Got done just before it started to rain :)

We also went over to the Gently Used Show at the Howard County Faire Grounds. Our intent? Check it out for next time (show is held twice a year, once in April, once in September) and get an idea of what all might be there. Well..you name it I'm sure someone had it. WOW! There was so much stuff. We did figure out that the big items (anything power wheel, battery big car type, or strollers ) were spoken for early on and then picked up later in the day. Hmmm, maybe we'll get a table at one of these shows in a couple of years...

We also went in hoping to find: books, sandals for James, and maybe some newborn stuff for Nathan. Well, we got a big box of books for $10, and found sandals that I love for $2. Sweet! Also found a Wiggles DVD with Wags the Dog on it...need to bring that too Nana's. We came across a bassinett and it got me thinking. The one we have is from dad's side of the family and has seen a few generations of babies. It worked well enough for James but with all the safety issues and the fact that I WILL have to go back to work after 12 weeks puts us in more of a time crunch to get this babe sued to sleeping on his own. We co-slept mostly with James which worked well until around the 5 month mark when getting him to sleep in the crib some was a nightmare....whole nuther story.

So, we bought a vibrating bassinet with a bottom basket for storage. Set it up in our bedroom and well...it feels good to have it there ready to go. The vibrating option is nice remembering all the issues we had with James and that...again, another post.

We did not find any newborn things we fell in love with but it was also hard to look real hard just in case this little bugger is a girl. Who knows for certain right? I don't think the ultrasound was wrong but...I've had some weird dreams. we are still going with the expectation of this being a little boy but are keeping are minds open just in case.

So, busy weekend. Spent a lot of it outside enjoying the sunshine but now ALL 3 of us our sunburned. Not badly, ...just some coloring. Whoops. Need to pull the sunscreen out.

No comments: