Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Hmm, not doing so well on updating here am I

Let' see. We've just been really busy. I will post some pics in a bit but last week was spent adjusting James to his new room and doing some organizing. We also worked around the house to have it ready for company Easter Weekend. Wasn't to big an ordeal but there was a lot...

We had my in-laws with some out of state family over on Saturday for a cook-out and some improptu football and soccer. The cousins actually grabbed James up and had him help them score a touchdown ... now its football, lol. We had 15 people total over for dinner and everything was delicious....especially since I didn't have to do any cooking :) My MIL and FIL wanted to do the actual cooking but they also wanted to show our out of state guests the house...so we cleaned up, had everyone over, and they cooked (and helped clean up). Very cool.

Doesn't stop there...we had my family over on Sunday for Easter dinner (7 of us total for that get together) and we had sooo much food! D and I did the main stuff, sis brought the salad, my mom brought appetizers and dessert. Yum. It was a bit more stressful in terms of making the food but once we were all there sitting eating it was great! D and I spread stuff out so it wasn't too crazy getting prepped. After Dinner everyone had to get going...James and I relaxed with a bit of tv and D played video games. We were all very tired.

But, it was a GREAT weekend! I love all my family, in doses in some cases, and it was nice to be able to host. We've already got plans for this weekend to get some more setting up/organizing done including getting the crib set up or Nathan. I even went through toys and baby clothes yesterday to begin getting stuff ready....we have a lot of stuff! 25+bibs, over a dozen sleepers, and a ton of onesies. Socks...and maybe some towels will be it for buying new this time around...though i do hope to buy a couple things for Nathan that would be just his, not all hand me downs.

So much to do, so little time. Trying to work ahead and be ready cause of all the non-baby things up-coming....whew.

No comments: