Wednesday, April 15, 2009

33 weeks

Ok, update on pregnancy. Here is a shot of my belly at 32.5 weeks(yes I am wearing a brace and it still sort of helps) while holding James. He loves my belly. We'll be watching tv and he lays his head on my belly, or he'll help me rub moisturizer on my belly...etc. He points at it and says 'baby' or 'Nate" too. Cute! Though, I think my belly is shrinking. Either Nate is dropping or I'm just evening out. I don't look as pregnant, at least to me, nor do I feel as pregnant. Yes I still feel him kick around but...I must admit that I have a touch of disbelief at the moment....
My MIL (who watches James) also watched a cute little 1 month old yesterday and James loved it. Shared his blanket, helped shake her bottle up, wanted to snuggle with her when she was asleep...just wanted to be involved. It gives me hope that James will have good moments though I know there will be tough ones too. See-ing him react with this 1 month old and getting to hold her (all 8 lbs - James was NEVER that small) gave me a chance to feel what it will be like with a babe in arms and still giving my older child enough attention. It was also a good workout, lol. I'd forgotten the muscles involved in holding a little one.
So there are moments where I am soooo ready to meet this babe and have my body back. Heartburn, constipation, Morning Sickness...yuck. Papay extracts and an herbal tea are helping the heartburn and eating small quantities is helping the MS but the constipation....hmmm, need to try Metamucil I guess (or up my fiber)
Generally speaking I'm ready for June and to be home and taking care of my kids for a while but we still have a lot to do between now and then. Wash baby clothes, finish room, set up crib, go to a wedding, go to the movies (twice if possible), attend dress rehersal at birthing center, attend sibling class at birthing center, play in my concert on May 16....at this point he can come anytime because I think most of our obligations will be fullfilled...
busy busy. I think Mothers Day and 3 family birthdays also fall in there....Oie.
Other notes, I have stiffness in my pelvic/hip area. I literally will not be able to walk (mostly my right leg) for a few steps until I can get the gears in motion. I don't remember being this stiff with James but I am bigger then I was with him and not as active as I was with him. Going to pool helps and hurts but I'm trying. I've been missing a lot here recently because of being sooo tired but I want to keep attempting to go, even if we just play with James for 30-60 minutes.
Beginning preparations for a birth bag, phone list (if you want to be called from the Birth Center, please let me know otherwise you will get a call/e-mail/or blog within the first 24 hours, promise), ....theres more but my thoughts are alluding me.
Yea, completely lost any train of thought I might have had except that I'm hungry...all the time, lol. Gonna go find some food and will update more as we go along!

3 comments:

Shelley said...

It's getting closer! Glad you are mostly feeling well and looking great. I know James will be an awesome brother.

So now I wonder who will actually have the babe first. I think our due dates are closer than we thought. And my boy was one week late, whereas I think James was early. Hmmmm... Either way I will be sending you good birth energy.

:)

xo

Lady A said...

you sound very upbeat! Awesome. I've been going through some energy issues (maybe just the rain).... and Luke not being 100%. Other than that I've been trying exercises (pelvic rocking) to help with the pressure. Seems to be working!

Kat said...

Same to you Shelley! Good energies! So close yet so far...I'm kinda glad there is so much to do in the meanwhile to keep me busy :)

the energy comes back some Em. About 3-4 weeks ago I thought I would never have energy again..I was sooo tired but then all the sudden, feeling a bit better and the energy is back a bit (not great, I still live by naps). I've been doing the exercises but not as regularly as I should...it did help last night so I plan to get better about before bed exercises!