Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year's Eve

I promise to write more about the holidays with James here soon and post some fabulous pics of the pro-unwrapper :) But...for now I have a New Year's Eve Tale....

We were out with Family till 0730...pm. Yes, we were tired so came on home. Put a sleepy child to bed and were fast asleep ourselves by 8:30. Waking up at 5 every morning really does put a drain on.

Well, James must of realized something was going on because he was up around 3...watching tv! D and I both awoke to the tv blaring wondering what was up. Don't have a clue how long James had been awake but he had various toys and stuffed animals with him on the couch (that had been in his room) and my book from my room. He must have come to our room to get our attention but gave up and came out to the living room. What's scary is that normally one of us wakes up when he does this....

SO we both join him watching tv. Dad put on Curious George (we had 5 episodes in TIVO that D put on autoplay) hoping James would get sleepy.

Hmmm...

D lasted one episode and left for bed leaving me with James. I started to get real groggy, especially after James snuggled up with me on the couch....over 3 hours go by with me in and out of wakefulness. By around 6 or so the news was on the TV and James was out cold on my lap. I began the process of shifting him across my lap so I might be able to stand up and put him in his own bed.

1/2 hour later James was securely back in his own bed and I was in mine...I slept till 10 thanks to the graciousness of my husband! James didn't re-awaken till 9:30 or so.

Whew, what a night!

No comments: