Friday, January 23, 2009

James and the Little Tricycle and more...

In an attempt to stretch legs for a bit yesterday we stopped by Target and spent well over an hour there just walking around and looking at things. We don't have a peddled tricycle at home for James so it's fun to test it out in places like this too see what he thinks of it. This is the most intrest he has shown so far....so maybe for his birthday, in time for summer, some sort of peddled vehicle? I think we have enough pavement for him to play or else we will need a grass abled tricycle of some sort....

We also tried on hats, played with toys, fed baby dolls (missed this on camera but James instigated it, we're hoping he will want to help with his little brother), checked out blenders since we've broken 2 now in less then 6 months...sigh. I miss D's smoothies.

It was fun and James walked almost the entire time. He likes to wander and look at shelves and explore things. Only occasionally will he get out of hand and start running around clothing stands but we are usually able to tow him and get him following either Mom or Dad and under control again :)

My hope with having 2 kids is that we will be able to keep this up. I want my children to have good manners and know what is expected of them when we go out whether to the grocery store, super store, or eating out. I have a memory from when I was a restaurant manager in Philly of a dad and 2 kids, probably 6 and 9. I worked in slightly classy places (entrees averaged $25) and I remember these kids ordering real food off the menu, not asking for something kid-like, and having great etiquette and manners. This impressed me so much that I vowed my kids someday would be the same. James actually does fairly well eating out and hopefully #2 will too.

1 comment:

Lady A said...

I recommend the commercial blenders - the hamilton beach works great and you can get them at a restaurant store. I worked enough in coffee/ice cream that it's the ONLY way to go, even at home.