Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow Day!

After some much needed time away D and I return to...

SNOW!

lol, we were up in the Pocono Mountains so there was snow but it's odd to come back down here to more snow and everyone freaking out. So yesterday morning as we are checking out of the resort first my sister calls and warns of snow...then my mom. Hmm, I call Nana to check on James and see how the weather there is. She says "Yup, its snowing. James is doing just fine just let us know when you will be coming down or getting close whether it be today or tomorrow". Hmm again.

Well, we get on the road and don't dawdle. We make it ALL 4 hours and don't see a flake of snow coming out of the sky. There is plenty on the ground though. So we get James and get on the road to our house. It isn't till about an hour after we got home that it started to snow outside. Glad we were home. So...it's snowing, we are home (short on milk but got everything else) and we are hopefully that this morning would bring no work...or at least a delay.

So, after a 3am poo-poo call from James D and I start checking the message centers for updates on closures. It wasn't till 6 that they finally posted a delayed opening till 10:30. Woot! I get to go back to sleep! Which I did and James ended up joining me till almost 8 am!

I roll out of bed to find D outside shuveling and warming up the cars..."Oh Man!" I think to myself, I don't want to have to go to work! *sigh

A little after 9 brings me moping about not wanting to go to work but feeling an obligation. I had checked in with my boss and had heard the roads weren't so bad. Ugh. I head outside to see exactly what it is like....very icy...when D calls me back inside. The web alert had been updated and the lab had been closed for the day. YEA!!! Snow day!!

So now we are home, D is making a fire and James and I are about to share a cinnamon roll and go exploring outside. We did step out briefly to get the firewood and James just walked on top of the icy-snow without breaking it...just like an Elf, ha! Got to keep a good hold on his hands so he doesn't go flying!

Enjoy your day, where-ever you may be. I know I intend to!

No comments: