and I do have pictures now.
Went to the pool with James yesterday...after an hour we could tell he was getting tired and boy were we beat so we dragged him out. Poor kid was red all over, we think he might have a mild skin allergy to chlorine (not doctor verified) or something. One of his uncles does, so we washed him good with soap right after and rubbed him with mosturizer twice. No redness this morning :)
but anyways, James just had a blast. D actually got him to hold onto a boogie board and then kick his way across the pool...picking up every toy on the way :)
It was fun!
Earlier in the day I had gone for the aquatics class and noticed the ladies were getting in the deep end of the lap pool, turns out it was deep-water day. Huh. So I check with the teacher, who had just come back from some prenatal/postnatal aqua class training ironically, and she said I should have no problem and gave me a few tips. Wow, that was a work-out. It was fun too though. We had these bands about our waist (for me right under my chest cause any extra pressure on the belly hurts) and we just kinda hung there in the 9 feet deep water. We did various kicks and strokes...when I went to get out of the water I gained 100 lbs. Whew, I am heavy and the water does such a nice job of lightening me up :)
I do hope the little bean is enjoying. One of the ladies in the class was telling me stories...about other pregnant women who had been in the class right up till labor and about a teacher who taught until 3 days before giving birth. Up until the end she was jumping in and out of the water and just seemed to be really enjoying herself...lol. Guess when you are used to something :)
We need to make sure D goes to the gym some on his own and has a chance to workout but so far he has been very gracious in joining me with James because he is a handful and it takes 2 pairs of eyes...or at least more then mine. Twice yesterday he ended up submerged and was under my watch. He came up with help, spluttered for about 15 seconds, breathed for another 20 seconds and was then right back out there playing. Ah, thank goodness for calmness and not making a big deal of things....
Fearless, the boy is fearless and I have a feeling he will be testing my heart with some of his antics in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment