Let's see, it has been a very busy week what with being away and then the snow. Well, we got most of the driveway cleaned off yesterday...yes, 3 days after the snow. It was very packed down ice, lol, but I was able to help chip awat at it some. My chiropractor would be mad at me though. She had been glad to hear I did not help with the snow on Wednesday...oh well.
Speaking of chiropractor shes says I am looking better and responding well to the treatment! Yea. So I have gone from incapacitating pain (level 10) to like level 3. She doesn't want to see me for 2 weeks now instead of twice a week or even once a week. Yea! I am being more careful and I think the gym is really helping too.
Speaking of the gym, we went and met with a Personal Trainor last night. We get 4 free sessions (approx 200 value) each and I really wanted to take advantage of it. Being pregnant I am more of a special case but I was affirmed when our PT says he has worked with pregnant women before and looks forward to giving me some good advice.
So last night it was the meet and greet whats you medical history/food habits look like. So we talked through a bunch of stuff while James sat and colored and figured out we really aren't doing that badly. He has some suggestions but will work in small steps with us.
First things is to up our intake at breakfast. It really is better to eat a med-large breakfast then a med-large dinner. So...what does D do? Boiled eggs...they are cooking away right now per the PT's suggestion. :)
Secondly just up our activity level. Just by coming to the gym 2-3 nights will make a big difference, especially for D. The PT thinks D can level his BFI real quick which would be good and to then focus on actual weight loss. Though, D isn't that high above where he should be percentage wise, Yea! My hubby is really healthy!!
I being pregnant was not so easy to test for. He offered to do the pinch test on me. He pulled on my arm, hip, and thigh. Well, for those of you who know me I am seriously ticklish in my legs and have very little fat from the hips down...meaning, finding a pinch on my hips and thigh were not easy. He managed and calculated a 25.6.....Ha! That is not right. Last time I checked was in September(our scale has an option that I can't use right now) and I was well over 35% which is technically obese. lol. Guess I won't know for sure till this babe is born.
Speaking of the babe, I haven't mentioned him much on here but we are having a boy. I am meeting with a friend who has some Interior Design background to help me design a good room for the boys. I am no good at it and I think she will have a good concept of a style I would like :) Yea! I never got to make a room for James as a babe so this will be more for him as a toddler with thoughts of Nathaniel in there as well.
Yes, Nathaniel is the proposed name for our little boy and I don't see it changing. I knew James would be a James before he was even conceived. I like having the name early on....this child is real from day one and deserves a name you know?
anywho, I have a naked child currently calling for my attention. I think D went outside to shovel more....sigh. Got to wake up. Have a great weekend all!! I will attempt to post either ultrasound or pics from our trip sometime next week. For now, know we are all mostly healthy (D has been sick) and doing well.
No comments:
Post a Comment