Feeling good today. I haven't wanted to post on this for fear of jinxing but James has been finally, sleeping through the night. We have developed and are finally maintaining a bedtime routine he can handle and unless he did not get a nap, sticks too and then will sleep between 9-11 hours straight. This has been going on for just over 2 weeks.
Now, I never thought I would be putting my toddler in sleepers but with the issues with poop i just had to (whole 'nuther story there). So we sit on the potty(if daddy is there he tinkles right away...not so for mama), brush teeth. Then we go get a fresh diaper and Pj's (sleeper). Then we sit and read 2 books, no more. Oh, we still have a bottle on occasion but that is thankfully waning too...that is usually an hour or so before bed. After books we tuck James in with his Mickey, Shrek, George...various stuffed animal friends. He gives them kisses, Mama gives them kisses. Dad gives him a kiss and then he settles in. Light goes out, aquarium water sounds and snoozed radio are turned on, classical of course :)
Took over a week to get him used to this but it has been making life easier...sigh
Now, if we can get him more potty trained and into the big bed by May 1st....actually, he is doing real well on the potty. Prefers to sit on the big seat...no little seat needed. He only fell in once and after the initial shock he was over it quick and has a good balance.
Cute! I love my pumpkin.
2 comments:
This is fabulous, Kat. I love hearing about other bedtime routines. We all figure something out that is best for our little ones. I'm so glad he is sleeping better. And sounds like many things are going well. Potty time seems very positive. Little A is on and off with it. We're working on identifying the feeling of needing to go and he is trying.
Yea, he loves saying poo-poo and is 75% right on about needing to poop but we only make it to a toilet 1/2 the time. Something about having daddy there makes a big difference for him :)
Post a Comment