Oh how I love theee...but oh how bad thou are for me. Sad really.
I've been watching my calories more closely here recently and finally came across part of my weightloss issue. I abuse cheese. Or at least, I used too. When I was Vegetarian I often wondered why I didn't look more like a vegetarian...skinny. Well, turns out that using cheese for a protein substitute does not work like you might think it would.
Now, yes, I can be a little dense which would explain why I did not figure this out sooner, but alas, at least I figured it out. Quantity does matter....or should I say Size does matter. I used to blindly eat cheese without realizing what effects it was having on me. I never really put on weight mind you...not until I was pregnant. My body was real good at letting me know when I was full....maintained the same weight for nearly 10 years.
Sigh, now I maintaining my new enlarged self....trying to lose these pounds sure is tough and frustrating. I think I will be doing well and then BLAM, now I'm not. Well, I am learning and happy with that. I have small goals...and hope to keep attaining them.
For now, really watching what and how much I am eating. Attempting a 1900 calories a day diet...will decrease as my body gets used to less. This will be a long process but my hope is to be at a lower weight before I get pregnant again and hopefully at a point where I will be able to lose it quicker next time.
I will continue to eat cheese, just in more careful moderation. I love cheese too much not too!
1 comment:
holy cheese! I thought I was the only one who was a recovering cheese-a-hol-ic. D and I have cheese only on special occasions and splurge for the good stuff, usually at Roots.
Post a Comment