Friday, September 26, 2008

Park

We ran into a grammy and child the other day at the playground. The child was 15 months, 3 months younger then James. Every once in a while I would glance over and watch the grammy being over-protective of said child on the playground. I understood it but still felt it odd...
I offered to catch yon child coming down the slide at one point and the grammy turned me down saying that was a mommy thing to do and wouldn't take it from her daughter. That was sweet. it got me thinking...
when James was 15 months I don't think I was letting him go down slides yet on his own, or at least not big slides. Nor was I letting crawl all over the place on playgrounds without me right behind him. Now...
I keep an eye on him but I defenitily give him a bit more freedom. I know he can catch himself fairly well and that he is pretty smart about slides, tunnels, etc...
Just amazing how much change can happen in 3 months. heck, its amazing what changes happen in as little as a week or a day. Our children our amazing.

No comments: