Monday, September 15, 2008

Night terrors?

So James has been waking up a lot during the middle of the night here recently. It's not hunger, and it's not neccesarily comfort. There might be some over-tiredness going on because he gets on average 9 hours at night, and 2 hour nap during the day...11 hours. I think he needs closer to 13 but generally speaking he does not have a bad temper (just what the books reccomend).



Anywho, he eats enough on average and only nurses when he is really upset. I think he would be fine to not have that comfort and may begin the weaning process...well, enforce it more. We have been sudo weaning for 6 months now.



In any case, I think he is having night terrors. I think he is scared of his closet at night and may even be scared of the pictures we have on his walls. We need to get him a nightlite but we may be doing some re-decorating soon... he'll want to be held for a minute but will then get back in bed...then all the sudden just cry out!



Keep it in your prayers, I know he'll be fine, its D and I that I am worried about. We need our sleep and having a child waking up multiple times through the night just isn't going to cut it. I was bringing him into our bed at one point but he was too crazy a sleeper. We are no longer considering this an option except in extreme cases. He can make it through the night in his own bed, so long as mommy or daddy takes a turn sleeping on the ground next to him....doesn't make for a great nights sleep but at least we are getting some rest.



Anyone have any ideas? Comments would be greatly welcomed!

2 comments:

Lady A said...

you should talk to my sis.

Shelley said...

Oh, Kat, that is stressful! I wonder what you might find in books or possibly talking to your pediatrician if you have a good one. Just thinking about your move, his new room, having a new bed, all the different sounds at night in a new house. It's a lot for a little boy to take in. Maybe it's just a transition thing.