Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Busy Weekend, Busy Week...

Let's see, how much can you cram into one weekend? Group Picnig, 10 year Reunion, Wedding cake for 100+, Fathers Day, not to mention its the weekend and you want to spend time just as a family...
So here's the cake, sorry for the poor quality shots. Basic white with a whipped buttercream frosting. Absoutely yummy frosting but takes forever to set.
6 dozen red roses on there. Thats' what was aked for, thats what got delivered :)

Pre-baked the cakes on Tuesday and refriegerated so they would be easy to work with.
Wednesday James and I went swimming...twice, and played outside. Tired us both out.
Thursday James and I went to Grams to help get a room together for him....he was going to be sleeping over with the grandparents and they wanted to have a crib and such set up.
Friday James and I made cupcakes for the group picnic and then went too the group picnic. D and I started our weekly walks. Picnic was a lot of fun. I really wished I could have stayed longer then I did but I had to get more prepper for the cake. Frosting whipped up, boxes bought, etc.
Saturday all 3 of us headed out. The hunt for red roses began at Harris Teeter at 14.99 for a dozen and ended at Sam's with 25 roses for 19.50. I know I can find better...if only I knew a good wholesale florist, but 2 dozen for 20 ain't bad :) Then we headed down to Grams to finish up the cake. Left by 3:15 to deliver said cake. Got cake set up at the outdoor wedding when the heavens decided to open up and poor down. If we hadn't been under cover that cake would have been ruined. Whew, close one. Went from there to home to get ready for the reunion...couldn't find anything to wear. No, I did not plan ahead on that one. Quick run to target to buy an outfit which we really couldn't afford....then off to the reunion.
Dinner and Dance starting @8, ended around midnight though I have a feeling people stayed out much later. D and I being the old fogies we are could have crashed by 9...or ealier even. but we lasted. We did these awards at the reunion and D and I recieved the Newlywed one for being the most recent married. 18 months huh...go figure. The funniest award though goes to a guy named Jeff for driving Old Faithful, same car from high school. Turns out his car is an 81 and still going strong. :) Fun story!
Left there to crash at my parents (save on gas) and had barely got to sleep when I heard james cry. Jumped up only to find my sis and mom already with him. He was fine but ended up staying awake long enough to have his diaper changed twice before he settled back to sleep on his own. Silly boy.
Sunday, woke up, gave D his gift which he LOVED! and played with James. We ended up going to mass in the area with my parents(my sister offered to watch James so we might have a chance of hearing the homily) which worked out well. We ended up at a New priests' First Mass and it was one of the more emotional services I have ever been too. Turns out someone I knew from High School Youth Group had gone into the seminary to become a priest. It was his first mass, he had been ordained the day before!! It was very special to be there.
Went home and had breakfast with my dad...yummy oatbran pancakes, bacon and sausage, and eggs. Yum! Then we took it easy. let D just relax while James took a 3 hour nap. Man. Went out for Chinese Buffett for dinner and ended up having D's whole family join us which was nice. We got to see both dads in one day and D enjoyed himself. We are trying to work out going to a petting zoo next week just cause we ran out of time this weekend but we'll see.
We all crashed hard after that.
Monday James and I went swimming again, twice, then made it home to see Daddy. We just got dinner started cooking when the power went out. We left to go find food cause we were hungry (yea for parents close by) and came back to find power about 1.5 hours later. Finished the dinner we had started in order to have lunches the next day and then the power went out again. Sigh. This apartment is a whole mess of troubles...some day I will write all about it.
Then tuesday left work early to go up for the inspection on the house...still sorting my feelings out on that not to mention a whole other post. keep it in your prayers for us alright?
So, I am tired but still chugging. I know the Bradley group is getting together today but I need to make up time from yesterday not to mention working anyways...don't know if I'll make it up but I hope they have fun!
I need a vacation...badly. Let's see, T minus 46 days till we go to the beach......sigh

No comments: