Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Baby Dream

I guess I must be thinking about babies or something cause I had a peculair dream. I've had it before, while I was pregnant. Hmm, perhaps a little back story may be helpful.


Let's go back about a year and a half. I was working up at the college with all my lovely crew. I was 7 or 8 months pregnant...I think. All the ladies, and even some of the men, liked to tell stories about being pregnant and about having kids. One story really caught my ears. She was asking me about the baby kicking and if I had been able to 'see' it. I was perplexed. I could of course 'feel' my son kicking but 'see'?

She explained. When she was pregnant she could actually 'See' the outline of her childs foot through the skin on her stomach when he kicked. This does happen. I have seen photos of this even so it is not all that of an extraorinary event, but it did catch me unawares at the time. I had never heard of such a thing and didn't know what to make of it.

I remember telling Dan about it and we both watch my stomach...kick kick...but no visuals. I remember thinking "whew" at the time. That night though I had a dream of my baby kicking so I could see his foot through the skin of my belly. Only problem with this is my over active imagination. My son not only kicked, but pushed his way through my skin to crawl up my chest and give me a hug.

Odd, yes, I know. I remember being bugged by the dream a year and a half ago but not this time. I guess because I know more about the birthing process and being pregnant. It is not so scary a thing. In fact, I look forward to being pregnant again and to bearing future children...in a couple of years.

So, weird dream, but not unpleasant. I wonder what it means....

Pregnant:
To dream that you are pregnant, symbolizes an aspect of yourself or some aspect of your personal life that is growing and developing. You may not be ready to talk about it or act on it. This may also represent the birth of a new idea, direction, project or goal.

I like that. Maybe I will have more dreams like this in the future....

No comments: