So over the weekend we did a LOT. Lol, I had two cakes I was making (will post more on this note later, hopefully with pictures), a high school reunion comittee meeting, hanging out with friends for some BSG and fun, House Hunting, and maybe some family time squeezed in there somewhere.....needless to say I did not want to wake up this morning cause I was BEAT!
So, house hunting. We saw 6 houses on Saturday and 3 or so on sunday. 3 of the houses we saw on saturday were still occupied and it amazes me that someone would put their house on the market, offer it up for showings, and then leave it a complete mess. Dishes in the sink, clothes everywhere, one bedroom door we had to shove open due to the amount of stuff on the floor!
Now, I understand if you were evicted or had at least left the property but these were still occupied houses! I suppose the one house who managed to clean up may live like slobs normally too but at least they cared enough to pick up and have the house look presentable!! And that particular house was gorgeous!
I fine on that on this outing to go see houses that I tend to fall in love with 1 each trip. I wouldn't consider myself easy to please but I think we are getting better and better ideas of what we like with every house we see....I am such a tactile person that is hard for me to judge by a website. I like going out and see-ing the houses but I think in the future I'll need to hold back and only go out one day, not both days of the weekend.
You see, D and I both fell in love with this house that would be close to work, good neighborhood, a monthly fee included membership to a Pool and Tennis Courts! Problem is it had 2 bids going on it as of yesterday(sunday) so we decided to look for similar models in the area and hope we could find more like it....we did. 2 more in fact listed at a price 60K over the one we liked. Bleh. But, while searching we found a listing for an Open House for Sunday in the neighborhood and said Hey! let's go see just to get another look at the area. We did and ended up driving around and finding some other Open Houses and Model Homes deals to take a look at. D had to stop me after I toured a Million $$ House with his sister. I had never been in a house that cost so much before!! It was gorgeous. 5 bedrooms not counting the Master Bedroom! I think there were 5 full baths and 3 half baths. 2 dining rooms and 2 kitchens!! It was just....like walking into another world. I could never imagine living in a place that big but it was amazing to see the decorations and design ideas....
So, yea, it was a long busy weekend....but a good weekend!
1 comment:
I just don't like the idea of looking at houses .... but I know some day I'll have to! People should at least clean up part way I guess. I can't imagine what it'll be like with two kids in this house and then showing it!
Post a Comment