Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Long week

I don't usually post just to post and I do apologize for the lack of pictures, but here goes.



Its been a strange couple of days. Family stuff, cleaning stuff, food...work and just general stress over all kinds of things. Hmmm...let's back up.



My sister came to town last wednesday (Yea! I love see-ing her!) and is taking an extended hiatus from school for personal reasons. She is gonna be hanging around here for a bit and hopes to spend quality time with all of us...but especially James.



Thursday morning are washing machine broke....to the point that it dripped through our ceiling into our living room. Woah is me.... we called it in...twice before I finally got a guy over to take a look. He then told he would come back with his boss to check it out. OK, so we live in an apartment complex with 12 apartment/town homes ... getting the maintenance people to come out can be a bit of a struggle sometimes. They never came back. I stopped by the apartment office the next morning and talked to the office manager in an attempt to find out what was going on. He was able to track down the Maintenance man and get me the following information: "We are waiting for it to completely dry before we test it to find out where the leak is...so, Monday." Eck. I look back now and think.."What the...??" Its already wet, come look at it NOW! But I was in a daze and didn't think twice about it. They offered a key to one of the vacant apartments so I could wash but I told them "No, my in-laws live near enough, I'll just take clothes over there". This has happened once.

So Friday came and went and I was thankful to have the weekend. Saturday James and I joined my sister and Dad in going to the Water gardens off Kenilworth Ave and to the Botanical Gardens downtown. We all got a little sun and had a good bit of fun. James met geese, turtles, and lot of people :)

Sunday....hmm, well, it was supposed to be a lazy day but I have this memory of it being busy. There was just stuff to do. Church was nice and we went to the Bagel Bin afterwards for some breakfast....

then it was Monday and I had not gotten anymore clothes washed, our room was still a mess...the kitchen was cleaned though if I recall :)

I got home from work that day hoping to see a note about the washer....there was none. I called up my dear Apt. Manager to inquire. he had no idea but that he would call M to find out. I get a call from M inquiring if they can come over and check it out and I was like PLEASE PLEASE YES! Its 3 in the afternoon you idiots!!!!

So he came and asked me about the problem. He didn't want to turn anything on cause A) didn't want to make a mess, B) I think he's lazy! So he asks me a couple questions and ends up on the two-way with his boss boss and says "Order them a New one!" Thank God is all I can think but now...how long do we have to wait? 7-10 days! What? Ack! Again the offer of an apartment key...which again i turn down. I should have taken it.

By Monday night I had a headache and an awful backache(the likes of which is only now starting to go away...3 days later).....I haven't washed any clothes, I haven't wanted to do anything at our apartment except the bare mininum....I think I was depressed.

Till this morning....

1 comment:

Lady A said...

get that damn apartment key and wash. Also, see if you can get some $$ for your inconvience.

em