Funny....If you had asked me a five years ago where will you be I would not have told you any of the aspects of where I am today. When I graduated college in 2003 I had every intention of making it big in Aramark and traveling! I wanted to work in Sports and Entertainment and work the Olympics and other various events around the globe. I thought I would work my way up the chain in either management or marketing....didn't matter, I just wanted to be one of those people who was called on to go!
*sigh*
that was 5 long years ago....and where I am today I would not change for the world. Though I have to admit being a Receptionist has always been on the back-burner as a nice mostly mindless job that I could do in my sleep but still make decent money. Don't get me wrong, I think a lot of receptionist and secretaries, and the job really isn't that easy, I just know I can do a lot more. My father-in-law the other night actually asked me how work was going and I replied that I was bored most days but planning to stick it out for the long haul. "Settling for the OK" so to speak. I reminded him that I had a BS in Hospitality Management and could run my own restaurant/hotel/shop....etc,., He looked suprised at my vehnemence (not sure how to spell that) . I think he triggered a nerve in me and I kind lashed out "I can do more I am where I am of my own free will, not because I have no other choice!" , I don't really care about a career...I have an amazing husband and a specatacular son! My family is my life and my world and if I am able to use some of my skills to help support us then so be it. I like being out and working...it has made me a better mom for the most part.
but anywho, I digress. Yesterday was AAA Day, or Secretaries Day. It was a week turn around kind of day for me. In the morning I got an award for my work and was able to shake a real Admirals hand! That was kool. Then we got to go to a luncheon with yummy food and a real cool speaker. Craig Valentine http://www.craigvalentine.com/ he talked about goals and change and how the #1 reason people do not attain there goals is because the Settle for good. Not fear, not self confidence.....settling. Interesting....
After that amazing morning I grabbed up my sister and son and we headed home. made some dinner and then with the help of my sis...we cleaned. Went through ALL of James' clothes and boxed up a ton. He has very few clothes that actually fit him at the moment :) Got to go shopping...with the G's! Ha
So, my first AAA Day turned out to be a good one.
Cool
1 comment:
he he, I'm supposed to be traveling the world teaching ESL or back in Australia just loafing around. Then I met Dan. ;) And as they say, Love changes EVERYTHING!
Climbing ladders in corporations sounds nice.... but not for me.
Post a Comment