Monday, March 10, 2008

Mondays Dream Analysis

Well, it won't be every monday for sure but I needed a new title...so, I had some strange dreams over the weekend. Most are already fading but one is still hanging on:

Its a theme I've had before...I am with a group of people at some sort of theatrical production. As we are sitting there the scene changes and we are being attacked. We are fighting for our lives and running away to safety. Then there is this tower that is being engulfed by water but some of our friends are still down below. I didn't personally make it under the water but some of my teammates did and they are able to rescue a few more people. Not sure what happens next but I have this sense of unfinished business.

the Analysis:

To dream that you participate in a fight, indicates inner turmoil. Some aspect of yourself is in conflict with another aspect of yourself. Perhaps an unresolved or unacknowledged part is fighting for its right to be heard. It may also parallel a fight or struggle that you are going through in your waking life.

To dream that you are running away from someone, indicates an issue that you are trying to avoid. You are not taking or accepting responsibility for your actions. In particular, if you are running from an attacker or any danger, then it suggests that you are not facing and confronting your fears.

To dream that water is rising up in your house, signifies your struggles and overwhelming emotions.

(and the following is contradictory):
To dream that you are being rescued or rescue others, represents an aspect of yourself that has been neglected or ignored. You are trying to find a way to express this neglected part of yourself.
In particular, to dream that you rescue someone from drowning, indicates that you have successfully acknowledged certain emotions and characteristics that is symbolized by the drowning victim.


It sounds like I have un-resolved issues inside of me but then this last bit makes it sound like I have figured them out. Huh.... I'm guessing the last bit does not pertain to me and I in fact have some inner issue I am afraid to deal with.

Shruggs. Oh well, who knows what it all means but boy o boy, if I could remember all the details better I could make quite a movie...or write quite a book. :)

No comments: