Friday, March 7, 2008

Alabama Part 2

So we got all caught up here at work, I thought I'd try to finish out the weekend and the rest of this week!

So we survived the wedding and had the rest of the day free. We went back to the hotel and headed out for a walk (glad we brought that stroller), then we played card games with Paula and Anthony. Weee..I had a few beers while the baby slept (he was pooped). Then we all hit the bed around midnight...late night for us all.

Sunday saw us at church where james met a cute 16 month old. She took to him right away and couldn't stop giving him hugs. It was cute! After church we went to Lonestar (finally getting our cheese fries!!) with almost all the family again. It was yummy!!! We took the rest of sunday real easy.

Monday we were supposed to go out and see grandaddy. he was at the wedding but we barely saw him. Unfortunately he was sick and didn't want to get us sick so we went out to Aunt lynn and Uncle Larrys house. A beautiful, newly finished dream home with a lake in the backyard. James loved the stairs and all the rocks! I will see what pics I have of these and tack them on this weekend.

Monday night we headed back to see grandma and my uncle for one last meal. We ate at a local mexican place and I broke my fast and ate chips (Lord forgive me). They were sooo yummy with salsa!! I brake for good salsa and chips :)

Then it was time to pack up and get ready to leave. We were up before the crack of dawn...3:30 i think in order to beat the rain on Tuesday. Our flights back were nice enough. We were in the very back row (row 13) or a very small plane for the first leg. This took us to Detroit, now mind you, we woke up to rain, very heavy rain...took off in sun, landed in snow...re took off again in sun and landed again in rain. Same storm for the beginning and end.

Anywho, in Detroit we had almost 3 hours to kill and we did. We found a Coney Island food shop and munched. A very cool fountain that my cellphone camera wouldn't do justice to. Though, we did find a very odd tunnel to walk through..I'll post the video next. James enjoyed the moving walkways especially. He got brave enough to attempt walking on to one by himself (with mommy in hand and very close by).

We caught that plane, with a bit of a delay, and made it home by 4 in the afternoon...well, with drive time and the stop at the store we made it home a little after 6. Over 12 hours of travel...close to 15 actually.

We were very happy to be home and to sleep in our own beds! Even James was :)

The rest of the week was work, some catch up around the house (though I still haven't unpacked our suitcases) and see-ing my aunt and cousin who came up this way to hang for a bit. Anthony took some great shots of DC! Be sure to see the link below (My cousin the Photographer!).

I'm hoping to catch up on chores this weekend and get ready for next weekend....something a special is going to happen!

No comments: