It was a great trip! I love see-ing family and I especially enjoyed intorducing my amazing husband and showing off my pretty cool son :) James walked everywhere! Down hallways, up hills, holding teddy bears and rocks....he even climbed up and down stairs wherever he could find them. He was able to play with his cousins who are ages 3, 8, and 15. The 8 year old especially was good with James and had some good laughs!
So let's back up. We got an invite to see my cousin get married on March 1. This is my oldest cousin on this side of the family and the only one (of 3) not yet married. His name is Billy and he is a sweet guy who was just waiting for the right girl..and he found her. Beth is beautiful and amazing and I'm happy to call her cousin! So...we set about finding deals for travel and fixed ourselves up with some tickets.
As you know from my last post, I was up late night before travel but was able to move the next morning thanks to D. We made it out the door, to the airport, got parked, checked in and through security with a solid hour left to spare till boarding! Yea! We were able to relax, get a bite to eat, and do some walking around with James.
Both flights went off without a hitch. We were on tiny planes so felt every bump and such but james handled it all with such poise. He slept part of the way on the first flight and on the second flight (which was only an hour long) he looked out the window during take off and landing...fascinated with the landscape shrinking and then growing....and the rest of the time flirted with the flight attendant who flirted back. it was cute.
We landed and got our stuff and headed out to get our rent-a-car. huh, that was an adventure and worthy of its own blog...I'll come back to that.
We got in the rental and took off to Anniston! We met up with family for lunch and then made our way to the church to help however we could. My aunt Paula and her son Anthony (My cousin the Photographer!) along with D and I were recruited to cut fruit, and make dips. Which we did. We then got to sit and enjoy some food as part of the rehersal dinner. The highlight was this amazing Carrot Souffle! I want a recipe! James ate a bit of food but mostly just watched people and walked until he started getting real cranky (can't blame him. it had been a long day.)
So we got back to the hotel and crashed...I think I remember my head hitting the pillow
Saturday morning brought us sunshine and warmth. We met up with My aunt and cousin to find breakfast...we found a waffle house down the road eventually. We went from there to the church to help finish the fruit and see what else might need to be done..... meanwhile D and my cousin with James in tow went to get grandma. We thought they knew where they were going, but we were mistaken. It all worked out well but I don't think I'll ever hear the end of it :)
Paula and I set to work on the food and found there was a lot more to do then we expected. Coming from a foodie background I jumped in and helped where I could to see things went smoothly and without any hitches. it was fun and made the day fly by!! Then again..the service was 20 minutes (tops) and the reception started with the cake cutting and was over in less then 40 minutes :) Quickest wedding I have ever been too!! Though I hear it was not so unusual for the south....thats for another blog.
So the wedding was beautiful and we have a few pics from it I am going to put up next. Then I'll tell you more about our weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment