Thursday, February 21, 2008

Crying

The worst feeling for anyone is when someone is crying and you just don't know what to do. I have found this to be especially painful with my son. There have been times were he crys these heart wrenching sobs and you just want to hold him and help him calm down but then that doesn't work and you just don't know what to do....

Sigh, last night we tried to go out for a walk in the snow. I got James put in his snow pants and put his jacket and shoes on and we trekked outside....I had not taken into account that he had not slept well that afternoon and was probably getting tired. Normally when we head outside for a walk he loves it but not yesterday. Well, he enjoyed it for a brief few minutes and then started to lose it.

I got him back inside but by this point his was crying hysterically. Don't know if it was the cold, over bundling, over tired, didn't actually want to go back inside....

whatever the case I got him stripped down to just a shirt, brought him to the couch and bundled us both up in a blanket and settled down to nurse. After a few minutes of whimpering he settled and eventually fell asleep in my lap(about 5:30). He was then out like a lamp till 11:30 at which point he probably woke up because we had missed dinner...sigh. He has gotten to the point of eating 3 good meals and varied snacks throughout the day. His little belly depends on that solid food to make it through the night. I felt wretched when he woke up so brought him to our bed and snuggled/nursed till this morning. Not a usual occurence. james usually sleeps the night through in his own bed but occasionally...

but when he was crying it was just awful. It wasn't angry, wasn't upset (He is developing a screech for when things don't go quite his way)....it was a deeper cry then that and just about tore my heart out!

2 comments:

Lady A said...

It's tough being a mom!!! Meals are important, Luke almost eats pretty much all table food now, which has been a good transition for him.... can you believe it?

Kat said...

Wow! Our boys are getting so grown up!!I loved the pictures of Lukes first hair cut btw :)