I think my scale might be lying to me. Somehow I am only up the 10 lbs this pregnancy - with 17 weeks to go o r so. I've been eating but much healthier. Hard to ignore a craving for a fresh salad, lol.
In other news Nate went #2 on the potty twice at school yesterday! Both times he told his teacher he needed to go. !!!!! Wow! Now, how do I get him to go more at home? Most nights he does run to the potty on his own at least once to go ... mornings are tough. Weekends - hit or miss. BUT - we are getting there! Now, if we can have him mostly potty trained by May, that would be perfect! I am ok with overnights' for a while longer. James still needs them and I don't see an end in site for that which is fine. There is sooo much going on his life with school, family, activities, baby ... I do not want to push.
In other news for James, he is squirmy as ever! Manages to do well in school for 3-4 days but tends to have rough Fridays. He just looses focus in things so fast. We began the testing for ADHD or one of it's counterparts over Christmas. There have been so many warning signs we couldn't ignore it. Doc doesn't want to label him yet but he wants to keep a closer eye on him, there are definitely some issues. He is such a sweet bright boy we just want him to have all the tools he needs to succeed! Yesterday on the car ride home he is adding various numbers together, trying different combos, counting on his fingers ... is that a 4-5 y/o skill or do I have a math affeciando on my hands? :)
In car news. I got a carseat for the peanut last night. Whew, one big thing to check off the list. Now we need to figure out if 3 carseats will fit in the back of the Vue or if I need to be more seriously about looking at a Van. We really can't afford one with less then 100K miles and it just makes me nervous. I know my car, even though it has over 100K on it. We had it since 7K - 5.5 years now. I love it! I love that it's a manual. I love that it has character, though the broken AC may be a bother come summer ....
Sigh, need to figure that out. BUT, I really need to get working on James' room. We have 2 bedrooms to use for the kids and I really want James to have his own room .... that room at the moment is a storage space and in such complete disorder I really need help to even begin tackling it. I can pack boxes, but D wants to finish waterproofing the floor and buy some shelving before I can really work in there ..... but I have a timeline. I want it done by James' birthday and I will need at least 2 weeks when there is nothing in there due to a cat accident. We ARE pulling the carpet and plan to get a fun kid throw rug .... but it will still need time to air out.
Major nesting motivation on my part. I want my house as ready as I can get it. We had talked at one point about some major renovations but I am having cold feet about the prospect. I like part of it .... but I do not want to do ALL of it.
I know, it is still January. Baby is not due till May but I am starting to get nervous for all the things we need to get ready. I know us, we are pokey when it comes to getting things done, not to mention spreading money out so we can afford to do it all. We are handy and DIY as much as we can but ....
Alright, ending on a good note, lol. Baby kicks regularly and feels very healthy to me. He enjoys the Black Eyed Peas (just like his brothers) and for now he will be Peanut. When we meet him the right name will just be there, ready for him :)
No comments:
Post a Comment