Friday, February 3, 2012

24 weeks

Good Morning - 24 weeks and counting. I still feel as though this boy might come early .....I'm thinking April honestly but we'll see. He has been kicking, showing mommy he is good and strong. Going thru growth spurts and not craving anything odd which has been nice. Honestly my appetite in general has been down - could be why I am still at a 10lb weight gain. As long as he is getting what he needs without taking everything from me ...

Only real news to report on is another attack. This time I had no warning (besides the mental thought that I couldn't remember taking any Zantac morning or night when i went to bed last night) ..... I woke up to pain in my middle and the urge to throw up, which I did. Gross part was i was throwing up lunch -- from 12 hours earlier! What the heck!

After I purged my belly I get this wrapping spasm pain all around my middle. Lying down on my back and not moving seems to help the most. I just lay still trying to remember to breathe and deal with the pain. After about 15-20 minutes the pain begins to subside some but I realize I am really uncomfortable on my back (not good for the baby) so i roll to my side which renews the pain full force. Ugh! another 15-20 minutes to calm it down and the urge to again roll (this time to lay on my left side) was so incredible i had to do it -- renewed pain all across my midsection.

The pain seems to emmanate out from right below my ribcage, directly in the middle, and then all the way around my middle to my back where it spreads up into my chest, over my shoulders and across my front -- making the whole are ache and feel like it is burning.

Is this actually a gall stone attack? Is something else going on? I will admit that it un-nerves me. It is incredible pain to deal with - though at one point last night I said to D, I should use this pain to work on my breathing for labor :)  trying to make light of the situation I suppose.

I need to call the docs and check in, find out if there is anything else I should be doing.  Nothing I ate yesterday weighed heavy, I didn't have any beginnings of pain in my mid-section to warn me.  Just woke up out of dream in pain.

On the plus side, Nate slept thru the night and James mostly slept thru the night -- in their own beds :)

** Update:  I called my GI doc and he thinks it could be the gall stones causing trouble OR, gastroenteritis that is causing my stomach to become swollen and stop digesting .... his theory is either way the Zantac is keeping the peace for now and we will need to do more testing after this baby makes his appearance.

No comments: