Wednesday, January 18, 2012

12 weeks

So there has been a lot going on, as usual. Dan has been sick, both boys have been sick, me too. This past weekend was spent at the hospital with Nathan getting stiches....only 28 months and already. He was a tough cookie though and will prove to a formidable force I'm sure.

In other news, I went to my midwives yesterday (11/8/11) hoping to have a normal check-up, hear the heartbeat......but it wasn't to be. Couldn't find it. My heart dropped out of my body.

Now, there are various reasons for not hearing the heartbeat yet: Placement of the placenta, placement of my uterus(it's retroverted), placement of the babe (apparently as you have more kids they sink lower into your pelvis area each time), and the best reason, it is still early.....

Huh? I'm pretty sure we heard the heartbeat on both boys by this point so.....I was given a slip to go have an ultrasound done. Now, I feel kind of bad about this since this will be my second one and I'm not big into medical interventions, etc.  I consider myself pretty natural which is why I see midwives  --- but, I've had this nagging feeling all along that something could happen. Maybe due to my thyroid(chances are increased of a miscarriage), maybe because I've known people in the last couple years to lose babes who had no previous track record for such, maybe maybe eh?

With being on the antibiotic and then zofran, not taking vitamins for nearly 2 weeks because I was just so queasy all the time, My weight has remained steady though my belly looks huge to me.....

The last couple of days though I've been feeling better, more energy, not as queasy....wait, I'm always queasy. Now, I was testing out cutting gluten from my diet(sorta), and had restarted my vitamins. PLUS, every pregnancy is different. Maybe I won't be sick the entire time like I was with both boys....could that mean this is a girl? Chinese Lunar calendar thinks so, lol.

So, I am just taking it a day at a time. Trying not to fret.  I have the ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow (thursday) which is killing both of my moms. They wanted me to go today but I am taking off work tomorrow afternoon anyhow so trying to kill two birds with one stone.

Le sigh.

No comments: