So, I'm pregnant. This will make baby #3. A good 6 months to a year earlier then I had planned in my head.....but everything happens for a reason.
I knew the day of my missed period...maybe even for a few days before but I didn't believe it till I went to get tested for Mono (D had it) and the Doc came back with 'You're pregnant!' ....Oooooo, so that's why I have been so tired.
I wasn't expecting this, though I guess I should have. I had stopped taking the pill back in May due to high cholesterol, yes, one more reason to hate the pill. We were being careful, things were going well....it had been a stressful summer with the changes in daycare and family medical stuff but.....things all in all were good.
Then, whammy....not 2 days after my missed period. Now, for the record let me say that with my previous pregnancies I did not get a positive test until a good week after my missed period..... don't know if that means my body was just ready, the hormones are extra high (yes, I am hoping for a girl but will be happy either way), or I miscalculated......no more the 3-4 days at the most so, who knows.
We told family over that first weekend, just barely 4 weeks in. We're happily married with 2 gorgeous boys....why keep secrets? Besides, I feel like I am already beginning to show! Oh and the tender breasts, and the stronger sense of smell.....I am only just now getting the nausea (6 weeks in).
Now, as soon as I found out I called my Endocrinologist to check in and see how she wanted to proceed. I have Hashimotos Thyroiditis, (Under active thyroid) and am on medication daily to control it. I've read and heard mixed messages on taking the medicine thru pregnancy but for right now (this first trimester especially) I am taking it and hoping for the best. My doc had just increased my dose to .088 not even a week before I found out. Gotta love the timing. When I did finally get in touch with her about the pregnancy, she said to keep taking the medicine, have my Midwives pull the Thyroid blood work once a trimester and forward to her(which they do, yay!). She will also pull my levels around them and wants to see me once a trimester for a physical check. I had read about people being checked WAY more often. I'm glad I have cool easy going doctors and I'm sorry for not appreciating you more in the past :)
So I see the midwives at 8 weeks and for the moment am just living in the moment. D and I have started to think ahead but until we get thru these first 12-16 weeks, anything goes. One of the side effects of Hashimotos is having a miscarriage.....now, my levels are in good order and I follow my doctors directions, so all should be well, but....just in case.
I already feel a bump starting, I can tell my hormones are beginning to go psychotic! AND I am barely 6 weeks into 40.
Lets see - timeline:
We'll be telling people outside our immediate circles around the holidays....thanksgivng most likely.
We'll have the physiological sonogram done sometime in January -- maybe find out the sex but honestly, I am ok if I don't.
Baby is due sometime in Late May (Becky, I'm glad you decided to have an October Wedding) :)
We have lots to do between now and then, not the least of which is figure out what Mommy will be doing come early July of 2012, but for now we are imagining our lives with a third child, talking finances, and dreaming of what type of car to get.
Oh, and we are dancing and working hard to stay/get in shape. I've challenged Dan to lose as much weight(if not more) as I put on. I expect around 40-50 due to the thyroid disease but, who knows? I know Dan can lose way more then that and is already doing soooo good! Love you babe!
No comments:
Post a Comment