Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Nausea

Oh the nausea. It is awful. Truly awful. Debilitating, unceasing ache across my entire midsection up to thru my throat and mouth (some nose) and down thru the pelvic arena. Aye aye aye.

Everyday we cross a farily short bridge and somewhere along the way James was taught to hold his breath over this bridge and gets very mad if don't do it with him..... holding my breath (that sudden intake of air pressed against the back of my mouth) affects my very loose gag reflex and I feel the urge to hurl, then and there.

Let's not talk about brushin teeth!@

So far I have found that constant nibbling (therefore keeping food in my tummy) provides relief but the idea of constant snacking makes me depressed. :(  I have also found that talking, using the muscles in that area (probably why eating helps in the short term) relieves the gag feeling. There has got to be something else I can do to help relax and not feel so sick all - the - time.

Yesterday was the worst. Driving back roads(I was the passenger), attempting to put a diaper order in thru my smartphone....mistake mistake mistake.  I am not normally prone to car sickness but I was yesterday. By time we got home I felt awful. Couldn't throw up, couldn't stand up anymore, had to lay down and therefore passed out on D during the nightly routine of dinner/dancing/kids to bed.

I did awaken by 8:30-9:00. Early enough to give Nate a hug goodnight (James was already asleep) and eat a small meal of cheese and crackers. I dreaded the idea of not eating anything -- thats when its the worst. The nausea completely over powers me so even the thought of food brings dread -- but eating is exactly what I need to do in those situations.

So, I eat. I nibble. I graze. Carbs(bread, crackers - bland and can soak up tummy acid) and sodium bringing the most relief. Sugar, spice, and dairy cause heartburn so I eat those seldom now....I miss the spice :(

Did I mention that in the last 6 months prior to becoming prego I went thru two cycles of Omniprezaol (OTC drug used to calm tummy acid down). I got sick the first time I went to Urgent Care and ended up throwing up for the next 6 hours, then couldn't keep much at all down....

My stomach came into this pregnancy with issues. And boy does it have issues now.

Should I seek out a Nutrional Counselor for advice? Talk to my midwives about options? Is this only going to get worse? I WILL need to see a gastroenterologist when I can ... can you go to one while prego? Time will tell.

No comments: