Wednesday, January 18, 2012

22 weeks

My apologies for the lack of pictures, but I don't own a real camera right now.... nor do I rememeber to pull out my cellphone and use it as often as I should. The days are long and filled with activities. The boys keep us very busy :)

We are re-starting TaeKwondo for James ( starts tomorrow). D had won a free trial back in the fall and gave it James. He went for 2 whole months (quite a trial). He was finally beginning to show real interest and improvement the last 2 weeks so we decided to find the money (somehow) so he could keep going. This all happened a month ago, before the holidays. With sickness and schedule it has taken us this long to get him re-signed up but we are all ready to have the routine. There will be a learning curve getting back into form but maybe having the uniform will speed it up some for James. Silly boy has a bad case of the wiggles but we hope these classes and continual support from his teachers at school and from us will help to calm him down. We did go thru the initial testing for ADHD but doc doesn't want to label him with a diagnoses yet. There are definitely warning signs but he feels the watch and see method right now is best. He agreed that the TaeKwonDo classes would be beneficial. Also, diet change, just in general less carbs would be good .... I'm planning to play on his interest in cooking to encourage eating new things. Nate is still very exploratory in terms of food so hopefully we won't have the same issues with him.

Now Nate, working on his last molar, ear infection after ear infection, bruise after bruise. D and were just saying yesterday how tough this kid is ... I commented that I didn't think even a broken bone would slow him down. If anything make him even more courageous. What do you do with a kid like that? He needs to learn boundaries but he also needs to have ways of expressing himself where he won't get hurt, hopefully. Any suggestions?

I am finally feeling well. 22 weeks in, taking Zantac morning and night and being good about my vitamins and diet. I don't feel as nauseous all the time and have not had an attack since right before the holidays. I primarily crave salads, fruit ..... alternating between salt and sugar. Overall staying healthy. I'm up to 11 pounds gained, which is on par for the second half, about a pound a week.

I am starting to nest. I want the house read sooner then later. I'm trying to plan ahead for both James birthday and Nates birthday so I won't be fretting closer too.

Dan is beginning to really plan to -- though his focus is on a car for us. We don't have a reliable car that can seat 3 carseats .... let alone a 3rd carseat. I know we have time, sort of. There are always options come birth as well, buy a carseat day of, take 2 cars home. I do hope to have all the family come out again for the birth. I need to make food here soon, freeze it, and have it ready to go. I need to put someone on cake duty too ... We have a party at the birth center when the babe is born. Worked well when Nate was born and I plan to do it again. I'm praying for no NICU visit this time though (keeping fingers crossed).

Still so much to do and only so much time to do it in. Figuring out finances and the future is not always my forte. I can plan but it never works out quite like I think it will. Trying though.

No comments: