Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Baby Update

So we went to the doctors yesterday, check up number 2, and I forgot to bring the folder they had given me at the first appointment, oie. They went ahead and pulled blood for normal stuff like blood type, etc, and they will get the consent form from me next time I go in (and I will bring the folder).

They were other tests we could have taken, Cystic Fibrosis, HIV, and a test that can help identify if the babe will have any issues (like down syndrome). We passed on all of these. I am not a carrier of the first two (been tested enough times, even recently), and the 3rd test is to risky for the child. Besides, it would have no impact on our decision anyhow. We will take this baby in any form and nurture and love as best we can!

We also got to hear the heartbeat for the first time. D and James were with me and James was like "what's the big deal": Note to self, buy a stethoscope and play Dr. with James. D and I were very excited though. In fact, the midwife had a hard time tracking the heartbeat....very active babe wouldn't stay still. :) James was the same way. I remember then ty-ing a fetal heart monitor thing to me near the end of the pregnancy to try and track down his heart-rate. Active active children have we.

So, 14 weeks in, just about, and I have put on 10 pounds according to my home scale, and 3.5 pounds since my last appointment (according to the scale at the center). *sigh. I am a whale, but not much I can do about it right now except to eat healthy and do everything I can to lose it afterwards!

I think that's it for now...jumping bean babe, James is growing growing growing, and D and I are still surviving :)

2 comments:

Lady A said...

Oh yes, the folder. I can't wait until I get my new one on Monday! Well, there are worse things than caffine. I mean I drank coffee throughout pregnancy and nursing and now I'm going to do it all over again. The weight will come off. Maybe the nutritionist can give you some advice. I remember last time we had to fill out the form for food. :) Don't beat yourself up over it though.... and just behave this holiday season see you at the cookie exchange ;)

Shelley said...

I was so careful the first time and now I'm really confused about what I can or cannot eat. I'm having to look it all up again. Usually after I ate it anyway, because it tasted good and my body said, "EAT!"

One coffee, no prob - you are fine! Usually they say one a day is fine. I just can't do caffeine during pregnancy because I wake up all night anyway.

And I have already gained 15. So there. xo