Huh, it hasn't been to bad actually. What do you ask? Weaning.
We had gone as long as 48 hours without nursing before so that wasn't a big deal but then day 3 came and went, day 4....it wasn't till then that James really asked to nurse, but did so by grabbing at me while saying "please" Hmmm. We had been working on that and he knew if he grabbed he wasn't gonna get to nurse. He wasn't happy but didn't complain...too much
So here we are, day 8. We made it through 7 full days without nursing and I have to admit, it is nice. I do miss it, and there are time where I wonder if I rushed James...but it took him so long to even notice and make a mention of it...
sigh. He is just about 21 months old and I just over 3 months pregnant. That gives 5.5 months or so for James to forget what nursing means to him so that babe #2 won't cause jealousy.
This was not on purpose though it has been in the planning for almost 9 months. Cutting back here and there, me working part-time defenitily helped. Little things.
Now, the ba-ba. Nana plans to cut that out starting in January...I hope to too. He uses cups and has no issue with them....I just hope he doesn't turn into a thumb-sucker. Oie.
3 comments:
James is truly Mama's weaner!
I've honestly been suprised at this whole experience. It happened so fast!
I know, I know.... one minute I'm like what about weaning and the next it's over..... weird.
Post a Comment