Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A childless night and other thoughts...

So last night we were without James. We recieved the offer for him to stay over with my parents and give D and I a chance for a good nights rest....

Well, D thinks romantic evening and I was excited about it till it was happening. I missed my son, I felt queasy from a poor choice in food earlier in the day...yadda yadda. We rented a Redbox and made french bread pizza and just chilled out...it was good overall

We ended up in bed around 8:30 with the pup....I tossed and turned till this morning. I think I had to pee and fought the urge all night, plus the usual pregnancy discomforts. *sigh

Not what D had hoped for but he enjoyed not having to worry about the wee one for a night and it sounds like James enjoyed himself and slept 11 hours...sigh, I can't get him to sleep that long. Powers of grandparents and kool aunts I tell ya.

All in all it was a good experience and I hope to take advantage of close family a few more times before the little peanut makes her entrance. ( no I don't actually know the sex, just feels likes its going to be a girl). Then life will get interesting :)

D and I are already thinking dog by next Christmas too. We enjoyed pet-sitting Scoschie and look forward to a dog of our own!

So, scattered thoughts these are but if you can make your way around my ramblings...I am your typical mom who doesn't rest easy when the babe is away..I wonder if I will change in time to send him off to college? Practice makes perfect right :)

1 comment:

Lady A said...

I like nights without Luke. Yes, I do miss him, and it's weird to be without him, but it's also refreshing to sleep in.... then again I can't complain in the sleep department. I hope your preggie symtoms go away! I've been feeling GREAT ever since I weaned Luke.