So we are down 2 rooms and two half rooms. Made our way through the office with some help, whew, that was a task. Have gotten through the tough stuff in the bedroom. Need to do a bit more tossing out of stuff in the living room. My only real concern at this point is the kitchen.....we have a couple junk drawers that will need to be gone through.
Sigh. Trying to pack for our trip as well as pack for the move and trying to not pack whatever we may want to wear, etc,., James is thrown off by it all but we are trying to keep him entertained. This weekend he is spending time with everyone but us. Grams, God mommy, God pop, Nana, aunts, uncles, other misc. people :) I think he is enjoying the time...though I do miss him.
On friday we went up to the house to meet the well warranty man and we got to learn a bit about wells and how to care for them. Our well water has a very good vein he said, a couple of times. Our water, if anything, got faster over the hour long test...sweet. Though we will need to invest in a filter for it I think.
Then we went to a playdate with a Mommys club just north of us. I've been wanting to get out more with him and meet some more people. We met some real cuties and had some fun at a playground. It was a New Mommy meet and greet so after the event my name was added to the e-mail lists...since friday afternoon there have been over 40 e-mails, only about 10 pertain to James and I but its still exciting to have this resource!!
The rest of the weekend has been spent packing. Today at church though, when we first got there, James sat on the pew and was singing along with the choir (opening hymn). He did this a couple times through the mass...it was real cute. He made it through the readings and then needed a stretch break. He is getting better at sitting and just chilling....my hope is he will make it through an entire mass someday....hopefully soon.
Hhmm, I will post more pictures later. I have some fun ones of james washing his own hands...and then the dishes. Oh, Veggie Tales. James' new love. I think we have watched King George and the Ducky a dozen times over the last week. We don't sit and watch the whole thing but parts and James even laughs at the funny parts. No, I'm not trying to turn him into a couch potato so soon but it is fun to share a family oriented movie with him, even if it is over and over again :)
No comments:
Post a Comment