Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Fun times with James

Yesterday I got to hold my sleepy baby for over an hour while he blissfully slept away. I enjoy these times. Its the only thing I miss about having a small baby...those quiet moments when it's just the two of you. Your little one sound asleep, safe in your arms. *sigh* It's a nice feeling. Otherwise I really enjoy having a toddler. Actually, I commented to someone here recently that I can't wait for him to be just a bit older, say 7 or 8 :) ...I don't want to rush things, I just know our relationship will really blossom as he gets older. You see...I don't know how to do silly. I am a very conservative, serious person. I can forsee talks and creative hours, or sports time as he gets older and the two of us really connecting....

for now though, D is the silly one and is able to get James to laugh at just about anything. I love watching the two of them interact. In fact, we were at the mall last night doing some clothing(swim suits actually) shopping and James was picking out suits for daddy. It was cute. He very neatly was taking clothes off the rack and was handing them to dad. :) Unfortunately, neither D nor myself found a suit but it was good to look.

Yesterday afternoon after James woke up we went in the pool, just the two of us. He has gotten real good at kicking his feet. He wears the float, lays on his stomach in the water and sticks his butt up in the air so his feet will end up behind him and then kicks along. He actually is swimming...I don't know if this is the norm or not but I love it. Swimming is such a great exercise and we are real fortunate to have access to a pool for free. The only downside of swimming is this rash thing James gets between his legs. It looks like the diaper is rubbing against his legs causing irritation. Besides letting him swim naked are there other options? We limit his time in and make sure to rinse him off real well when we get out.

Everyday I am watching him grow up. He is starting to say more words and even has some made-up words for things (we are working on correcting this) and really wants to communicate. He understands more then he speaks which is always a joy to see. Can you tell that I love him?

Hope everyone has a blesses day!

No comments: