Saturday, July 5, 2008

Day 1 of the Great Move

It is 23 days until we go to settlement on the house. I have not posted about it before now because i did not want to ginx. Well, we began the process of packing and cleaning up our current apartment so....now its more real. AND all the paperwork is in order, money is in the bank, and everything is looking good for settlement and for moving in. Sweet!

I will post more about the process and house later, but for today...packing 101. We are making lists of every box we pack and going through everything we own and throwing away/giving away a lot of stuff. We already have movers hired for the 30th (friends, family...we will not abuse you this time around) so want to get everything together and ready to go by the 27th. We have a great start! Table is taken apart, ALL glass glassware is packed....so 7 boxes ready to go, one room down.

Whew, we are currently cleaning said room so we can turn it into a staging area for the movers. We plan to put as much as possible down by the front door ready to go so the movers have less to do, but will still do the bulk of it.

A lot to do, and a little time to do it in. I will post when I can and I even have pictures to put up....all in due time. Back to cleaning for now!

1 comment:

Lady A said...

Wow! Crazy! I'm always downsizing, but I'm sure a move would kick me in the behind as to what we really need. But you've on the right trek.... little by little!