Best thing I could have ever done for my kids....
Thru the pain of the first month with James which then led to 18 blissful months of comfort.
Thru a week in the NICU and pumping every 2 hours so Nathan wouldn't 'need' the formula (he got some and I did my best not to let it bring me down)
Thru teething with James and middle of the night after he turned 1
Thru James' I want to be mobile and not sit still and nurse
Now I am sad to say Nathan and I are weaning. Have been sort of at it for the last couple of months for various reasons (my own health foremost, but his lack of interest plays a big part). If I don't offer he doesn't necessarily ask...about once a day he will suck on my shoulder out of his want to nurse but then nurses for 5 minutes tops and begins chewing. James never did this and can I say OW!
So, the times between keep getting longer and longer. I'd like for to have the option to nurse in another month (we'll be in the air) to help with travel but I don't know if we will make it. As he becomes more aware of his surroundings he more and more wants to be doing what his brother does. He drink out of straws, steals James' sippy cups when he is not looking, etc. Cute but he is growing up so fast already!
Ah well, all good things do come to an end and they open up the door for other things to happen.
2 comments:
Each child is soo different! I hope you can make it to a year. Are you supplementing??? One of my friends with a 10 month old was told that b/c her son only nursed one a day she would have to supplement with formula.
Actually, pediatrician gave us the green light to starting offering cow's milk, whole or organic.
He had been swiping little A's whole milk bottles and had no issues so the Doc said Unorthodox but go ahead.
Nate's been ahead on everything food related and is one strong little boy, that's for sure!
Post a Comment