Monday, May 3, 2010

Something Sweet

It had been a long weekend and both boys were tired. Neither actually wanted to go to sleep, especially in their own beds. For 2 nights they had slept with either mom or dad and did not want to go to sleep on their own.

After "Mommy, I need to go pee"
and "Daddy, can I have a drink of water?"
and "Moooom, Nathan is NOT happy!"

I hear "Mommy, mommy, help! Mooommmmyyyy!!!"

I go rushing back to their room to discover James hanging over the one side of Nathans' crib. Oh my golly.

So, I start to pull him off to set on the floor and he flails and says "No, I want to go IN Nate's bed."

So I ask him "Do you want to lay down with Nathan? and go to sleep?"

"Yes!" he replies to me.

So I set him down in the crib. He immediately puts his arm under his brothers head and holds the bottle up for him to continue drinking out of (though the milk was mostly gone). I restart their aquarium, blow them both a kiss, and leave them to fall asleep. Nathan had stopped crying the moment James put his arm around him.

So, about a half hour later Dan checks on them and they are fast asleep, facing opposite directions, sharing the space the crib has to offer.

We did not move them for fear of waking either and both slept the whole night thru!

So so so so sweet!

1 comment:

Lady A said...

very sweet :) I'm waiting for that to happen with L & E :)