Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Decisions

I have never, and I do mean never, been very good at making decisions. Right down to the dressing I put on my salad...for years I told servers "whatever you have the most of" or " Whatever your favorite/recommend". lol.

but, this is not always a good trait and I find myself in places (more emotionally then anything else) that I don't want to be but if I had been able to just make a decision about X I would not have ended up there...does that make sense?

Now, I am not just thinking for myself anymore and maybe that is why I feel this need to become more organized and together. I am ALWAYS running late, and am more often then not untogether and I am beginning to really detest the feeling.

I want to be able to meal plan for my family and actually stick to it.
I want to be able to find time to exercise for more then 10 minutes a day.
I want to be able to give my kids ALL the outlets they need for creativity and learning.....

but I don't. As I keep telling James, it's not always what you 'Want' that you get....a lot of times it is what you need.

Ironically we just watched Disney's Princess and the Frog this weekend (Wonderful movie!) and this premise is all over the place in. Need vs. Want...gotta dig a little deeper to figure it all out.

So, look for changes in me (I hope) over time. Need to dig and discover and .... this could take a while but at least I am thinking about it.

No comments: