Thursday, May 21, 2009

Preggo Update Week 38 (could be TMI for some)

So after our adventures with the Blue Angels we made it to the Doctors Appointment...only a few minutes late, whew. Got checked in and was called back almost immediately. I had brought my MIL and SIL with me to
A) to help with James(I want him to know he is involved in the process, meet the midwives, feel comfortable with the environment...)
B) to see where the place was again (its been 2 years) and meet some of the staff
C) to help me get there. Driving has been getting harder just due to the belly...ugh. I cannot wait to lose this thing. No matter how long it takes I will lose this flabby belly and be able to touch my toes again!

Anywho, introduced my midwife (one of 4) to the fam and we got down to it. Blood pressure was 126/82, woot! Some results came in from a urinalysis (at the center each mommy does her own dipstick and weight check...unless there is a concern) and everything is normal. Yea!

Next came the measurement of my uterus (from the outside) and I am still measuring 2 weeks ahead...which is actually normal especially due to the extra flab I got's down there :) No worries there.

Then we got to listen to the heartbeat...well, took nearly 5 minutes to pin the little bug down, lol. My midwife was not gonna let him get away with running away (can you imagine? I still can't believe there is enough room in there to do that but James was doing the same thing towards the end) so poked and prodded at him, got kicked numerous times (I swear I have internal bruising from the kicks, yowser!) and was finally able to get it for a 2 seconds....at which point I said out loud "Come on Nate, give us a few more seconds of that strong heart so we'll stop bugging you" and what do you know? he listened :) Heartbeat was a strong 155.

I had asked the week prior about an internal exam just to see how everything was going 'down there'. I've had a lot of pressure and even had confrimation from my midwives a few weeks back now that Nate was head down and in the pelvis area already, in other words he was dropping and getting into position. So, I got checked. He is defenitily head down, no question, I am 3cm dialated (woot!) and 0% effaced. I was 2cm dialated with James at least a week before he was born...maybe 2 weeks? I don't remember except that it was defenitily ahead of time.

So, my bodys ready and I feel mentally ready...just waiting on the babe to decide he wants to come out. I almost want it to be right now but I'm also ok with another week or so. I must admit, I'm kinda enjoying the shocked looks of my co-workers when I tell them I'm dialated. The reaction has been nearly similar "What are you doing here! Don't you know second babes tend to come quicker?"

lol, yes I do and yes I am at work cause I am not having contractions and this is where my hubby is and I am closer to family here. Makes the most sense. I would not want to be home by myself at this point, or home with just James either.

So, some TMI, facts for myself.
1) The pressure and Braxton Hicks have led to dialation ahead of time.
2) After being constipated for over a month with Metamucil having no good effect I am, within the last week, regular and almost overly so. Could my system be keeping cleaned out and ready?
3) After having NO energy I am getting bursts of energy to clean, get stuff done. Ok, so both the moms were right about this one...lol.
4) My hips and pelvis and joints HURT! Ugh, getting out of bed for the umpteenth time during the night and hearing my hip pop and just getting my feet to move....I am praying my body will be ok after all this and as I lose the weight.

I will keep posting as I can and apologize for any potentially embaressing info in here. I did not journal with James like I wanted to so...for my poor memories sake I want to have these thoughts and feelings written down somewhere and don't mind sharing with anyone willing to read :) Thanks for any and all comments, thoughts, prayers!

No comments: