1) So my MIL is still fervently hoping the ultrasound will be wrong and we are actually having a little girl...ok. I'm pretty sure I saw his stuff but... We are at the birth center last week and MIL asks the midwife what the chances are the ultrasound was wrong and it could be a girl.
His response "Well, about once a year each we have what we thought would be a girl turn out to be a boy, and vice versa. So far this year the ultrasounds have been correct so I suppose there could be a chance." WHAT! lol, my MIL grabbed a hold of this piece of information and is even more dead set. It's kinda cute honestly.
2) That last 3 wednesdays, maybe 4, that I've been to the birthing center there have been births going on, lol, go figure. But, I jokingly said to David (who I've seen 3 weeks in a row now due to these births) "So with all these mid week births hows Saturday look?" he looked at me for a few seconds then said "Sure, why not?" lol.
3) So I've had internals done the last 2 weeks just because of all the pressure and with the contractions of this past weekend....well, I was curious to see how things were progressing. So last week I was 3cm dialated and o% effaced, or so I thought. Yesterday I was 4 cm effaced and 80 % effaced! According to Davids notes I was 75% effaced last week but I could have sworn he said 0, or nothing yet....huh? Funny, so either I've come a long way in the last week or not so much...
4) I've been bringing James to all my appointments with me so he can get used to the center and the people, etc. At the appointment yesterday Grams and I are asking James if he's ready to meet his little brother. I was sitting up on the table (I had just disrobed for the internal so David had stepped out) and can you guess what James did? He says "Yes" very clearly, comes around to where I am sitting and gets up on a stool over there and looks at me like "Ok mom, anytime now would be great". My jaw just dropped! It was so precious, like he knows exactly whats going to happen and is completely ready for it.
5) One last story, so Nate (or this babe) has fought having his heartbeat found the past few weeks, too the point that yesterday David actually gave up and we tried a different monitor in a different room. I think the walk calmed him down because they found the heartbeat right away then :) 147, good and strong. Sign of a good strong healthy heart, which when we were at the 20 week ultrasound the tech couldn't stop talking about the heart which we ended up getting a picture of :) So, anywho, while fighting off the monitor, kick kick kicking away, I suddenly get a pain down low at the same time David got kicked real hard! Ha, we're pretty sure this child pushed off the bottom of my uterus with his hands to get a strong kick in. Personality and stubborness to boot and not even born into the world yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment