Halfway through a very busy 3 day weekend and in and amonsgt it all I have been having contractions like crazy. I feel like its early labor cause Nate has dropped seriously in down in my belly (I want to say between 3-4 inches in 2 days) plus I've lost my Mucus Plug and the pressure down there at times has been unbearable!
But, this beautiful sunday morning sees me after 11 hours of sleep (interupted 5 times by potty breaks (no 2 y/o) and so far no contractions. Hmm. Doesn't mean much I was just glad for the good nights sleep.
********
Here we are, Thursday morning, and I am still checking in at work, putting my time in, and getting the "Girl, you look like you gonna pop any minute now!" and "You're still here?", and "You mean you haven't had that baby yet?" and "When are you going to have that baby!". Lol, it is funny but starting to get a bit annoying too. I have no idea and this baby has no idea and well...
*sigh, taking it one day at a time. Still having contractions, little bursts of energy and then I have nothing to give. I've been trying to not push to hard but at the same time push just enough to get what I need to get done.
Yesterday, James and I drove out to the weekly check-up, Grams met us there, and on the way back stopped at a Target to get an Infant Insert for the carseat (misplaced the one from before) and then headed to the pool to see if that might help mommys poor feet. We were home a bit after 6, ate some dinner and then I was just dead...asked D if I could go lay down for a bit. I remember him bringing James into to me to snuggle to sleep, which worked, and then I was out again. I was just dead tired BUT, my swollen feet are less so today!! Makes me want to go to the pool again tonight in an effort to keep swelling down as long as I can!
So, taking it minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day. Official 40 week date is June 3rd, next wednesday so I am by no means concerned but I am just plum tired of carrying this babe around and ready to meet him.
3 comments:
I hope you aren't getting too exhausted! I'm waiting too - past the 40 week mark now. But I haven't had such active indications... :)
Sometimes they take a while, apparently? It brings to mind the stories I've read and heard from women who had off and on labor for weeks. I wondered how they did it, but here you are, being so strong!
You might have a fast labor once he decides to actually come out. Hopefully this means you are doing all the work now and delivery will be super easy.
xoxoxoxoxoxo
Well, I'm waiting on both of you! I know it will be perfect timing.... and Kat.... 4cm.... that's good.
S- no sign for me until my MP came out and then mild contractions. at my 40 wk it was NOTHING.... your body knows.
:) Love to you both. I can't wait to meet these babes! Saturday would be okay by me, that way Luke can just stay with Dan and I can speed on down. Of course, tomorrow would be fine... as my prenatal/photo shoot is then.
I'm hoping the little one comes soon to give your body a well-deserved break!
Post a Comment