Friday, March 20, 2009

Two

My 2 year old. Wow, hard to believe I am saying that already. It feels like I gave birth to him about a month ago and he turned 1 a few days ago...time has flown.
Sigh, I love that little guy so much, even when he screams "No no no", and fights me tooth and nail to change his diaper even though he has a poop. Sometimes moms' got to be stronger but then to watch the stubborness that this child exudes already is amazing.
He is a tough little cookie who is perfecting his jumping skills, I need to capture on video the frog jump he does, and continually exercising his athleticism with climbing, running, kicking and throwing.
He loves his trains and cars and will play for a long time with a single toy...I didn't think that was a trait of a toddler but, there it is. He also loves multiple things going on at the same time and is much better at crowds then his mom is, lol.
We are working on words/communication, counting(to 10 at the moment, really good at 8-9-10), letters, colors, etc. He is so bright and we want to make sure he has a solid foundation.
His Nana is so good with him and has taught him so much. It would have taken me twice to 3 times as long to figure out how to interact with my son (I'm better with 5-10 year olds) and has taught me so much too. Slow down, enjoy the moment, and just glow in the fact this child loves you and wants to share everything with you! (even french fries dipped in way too much bbq sauce that he will insist you eat for him, lol)
I'm still hopeful he will be a good big brother and we will get over the bumps of jealousy fairly quickly. He picked up a baby doll last night at the store and specifically called it "Nate" and proceeded to give it a hug and kiss and talk to it. We'll see.
I love being a mom and am so thankful for all of our friends and family who have been such a support through the adventures D and I've had these last 3 years, plus James for 2.
I look forward to hearing his stories, working on projects together, and watching/being a part of my son growing up.
Happy 2nd Birthday James

2 comments:

Lady A said...

wow, 2.... sounds soo big. This age is neat and I'm so glad Luke gets to have James as a friend! Happy Birthday James!

Shelley said...

Happy 2! I can't wait to see him again. What an awesome boy!

xoxoxo