Sunday, March 22, 2009

Case of the missing cupcake

So in preparations for a birthday party my mom helped me by baking some cupcakes and cakes for cake balls, yea! My dad helped me get the house in shape to have guests (D was in class but helped when he got home). So, the house is clean, ready for a family party to celebrate James' 2nd Birthday!

Upon inspection of the good my mom made we discovered 2 cupcakes missing and one eaten into:


See close-up:

Hmm, what could have happened? We don't have mice anymore and besides, cupcakes are kinda big for country mice....aren't they? Hmm..so D and I begin looking around, not even considering the following until we saw it:


What's that around your mouth James?

huh? me? *big grin

lol, we found the culprit. Guess hes gotten tall enough that we can't leave things out anymore, Oh boy. I am soo not ready for this!

3 comments:

Lady A said...

so did he get ANOTHER cupcake?

Keartine said...

I had to look up what cake balls were- mixed crumbled cake and frosting? Were they hard to make? How did they turn out? Of course, YOU made them, so I bet they were wonderful!

Kat said...

The cupcakes weren't touched at the party except for the one we put a candle in for James and he proceeded to eat it after :) (Yes, he has another cupcake, the next day)
The cakeballs (turned into little cupcakes, hope to post a pic today) weren't being gobbled up before the main course was even dug into, lol. I think its the bite-sized aspect of it that makes them easy to eat...and fun :)