So, take the middle color of the below picture and imagine the walls that color. Well, what I'm trying to say is the original wall color was this creamy color...
(below) All done!
So, quite an endeavor for amatuer painters but I think we did a good job. I got to help some but Dan and God parents J&J did most of the work! I'm looking forward to painting the bathroom (ducky theme finally!) but first things first, got to finish this room up first.
We have a train fabric that my MIL is creatively using in the bedding for both James and Nathaniel and we will use the same fabric for Valances for the windows. I'm thinking chocolate colored cotton curtains ... or would shades be better...
We'll be inserting train motif more so around the room over time but for the moment just getting the beds and furniture in and ready to go is the next big step in my book.
3 comments:
Sounds like a cute motif for the boys' room. I think you and your helpers did a great job with the paint. Can't wait to see it all finished!
Have you ever seen or used Wallies? They are pre-pasted, easy to remove wallpaper cutouts that you can use to decorate just about any hard surface, from walls and ceilings to tables, flowerpots, toy bins. . . Anyway, they have some train stuff you may or may not be interested in, and you might like to browse around the site for other accent ideas. (Your walls look great!)
http://www.wallies.com/web/shop.cgi?M=&TI=90076&pageSize=12&search=train&s.search.all.x=0&s.search.all.y=0
Thanks Ladies. Its so exciting to be so close but we still have a lot to do! I'm just glad the colors blended as well as they did and we picked the colors from the fabric so that should blend well too, yea!
Don't know about Wallies but I might use those for the bathroom. I think we are planning to use some of the fabric and some cork-board for wall decorations...but who knows?
Post a Comment