Monday, February 16, 2009

Trip to Ikea

We went to Ikea this weekend in search of ideas for the boys room. D and I are in debate about more dresser space and toy organization, etc, so thought to go look and get some ideas. Well, I've been to ikea plenty of times but it never ceases to wear me out, especially with a Toddler, lol.

We got there at 8:30 and had a Free Breakfast, which was actually yummy, and then proceeded to go around the store. It is a big place and the crowds...wow, the crowds. It just got busier and busier the longer we were there (part of the reason for the real early arrival).

Oh, on a side note, I think I hear more languages from different cultures in Ikea then anywhere else in the world. It is it's very own Melting Pot :)

Below are a few pics of James' adventures:

Checking out the chairs
Playing peek-a-boo in the kitchen storage area
"Hey, I'm not a Dog and I cost Way more the 9.99!!"
All tuckered out
We ended up not buying much but got some good ideas...well, we at least weeded out the ideas we don't like. Progress!
Speaking of progress, we also bought the fabric for bed-blankets and paint this weekend. I'm really hoping to get the room rolling by this weekend! I will post pictures as we go along but for now we are going with a Train theme and plan to paint the walls with green and brown and some sort of railroad track....still debating what precisely. The focus here is on James and his love of trains and I have a feeling Nathan will be just fine in there too.

1 comment:

Lady A said...

I was thinking I need a Ikea trip too, but that will have to wait. I guess I don't have much decorating b/c the kids will be sharing a room! Sounds like you have fun ideas!