Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sleep Schedule

Ok, so this is James sleep so far this week...is there a corelation?

Sunday Afternoon 1 hour nap
Sunday Night slept 9 hour-ish...restless night
Monday 4 hour nap
Monday Night slept close to 10 hours
Tuesday 2 hour nap
Tuesday Night slept restlessly...maybe 9 hours?
Wednesday 3 hour nap
Wednesday Night slept 8 hours, solid

Hmmm.....

Naps usually occur in the noon-6pm range. Yes, he has gone down as early as noon or as late as 5. I sometimes feel bad that he doesn't have a normal routine with his nap and wonder if it does affect his nighttime sleep habits but I can't give him routine right now. Not with the way his naps are and the way are days flow.

I have done some reading into this and children who don't have a set time routine are better equipped to handle change in their lifestyle as they grow, and are adept at odd hour jobs such as Hospitality(restaurant, hotel, other), Military, Programming, and Entertainment. Makes sense. My parents never set us into routines and I have been able to adapt over the years to various schedules. My current job is probably my most cushiest in terms of regular hours and what not.

Hmmm

1 comment:

Lady A said...

Hey, I struggle to keep a schedule of any absolute consistency because of my personality, but find the closer I keep to a routine, the better. There are arguments for both sides, but I think for my sanity we are flexible on time, but overall stick to the same routine.

I find that Luke goes down for a nap between 11-1 for about 2 hours. He sleeps approx. 12 hours solid at night, minus when he's teething and needs me for comfort.

We eat Lunch or have a snack, read books, sing 4 songs (same song order) and then I say I love you and kiss him and put him down. No, it's NOT always this easy, but generally it is. I've had to do some modifications if he starts to manipulate me, but most kids do that eventually... it's human nature.

James needs that nap and so do you b/c I hear it's a lot harder when you havea second if the first doesn't nap (makes sense). I'm so thankful that James is flexible with your changing schedule... he certainly is a trooper!!!