Thursday, February 19, 2009

Baby Update - T minus 15 weeks

Ok, so after missing 3 out of 5 chances to go to the gym I have successfully put on 5 pounds...in 2 weeks. Ugh. Valentines Day was a killer with all the sweets...my sweet tooth has been exacerbated this pregnancy. I don't remember craving sweets with James the way I do now. Then again, reubens, honey roasted nuts, and grapefruit did not cross my palate when preggo with James and those are all things I crave right now, well, that and Cake Balls. Got to experience these wonderful things on V-Day....and now I want to make them altering the recipe to my own tastes and share with co-workers, family, friends. *sigh

Nathan seems to be doing fine. Moving around enough so I don't worry too much but not enough for anyone outside to really feel. About a month ago D could feel him real well and then he shifted in and down and is not as reachable, hm. No worries but so far only one person has even asked to touch my belly. Last time I was bombarded but I was in a different work force and it was my first.

No progress on the bedroom yet but I haven't given up hope of having it done soon. We have the paint and we have volunteers to paint...good things

Ok, so I am 25 weeks and 1 day....1.5 weeks shy of being termed officially 3rd tri-mester but I'm already starting to get the symptoms:

Tired, hungry all the time, nauseas 76% of the time again, achy, can't sleep or in general get comfortable, hormones and emotions are just eratic, and the heartburn! oh the heartburn!

With James I was sicker 3rd trimester and am really hoping to curb that this time around. I really don't want another bought of nausea induced dehydration (or the other way around).

Working on nutrition (really trying hard not to eat the sweets even though I am craving them!), exercising when I can (I can officially still keep up with James outside playing soccer), and in general trying to keep to some semblance of routine in our lives.

I tire out easily and I get aches in the strangest places....thank goodness D and James are mostly understanding....having your almost 2 year old tell you "No" when you have to pee and running to the toilet ahead of you claiming "Mine". *sigh

Did I mention I'm ready for it too be June and to meet this little guy? I liked being pregnant, for a time, but am glad this is it for me. No more.

No comments: