They are my bane. After spending more time then I should have out of doors yesterday (which is sad because I used to love being out of doors) I have developed a cold. Headache, throat swollen, sinus pressure in general....bleg. Ok, so heres my story.
James and I met up with Ashby and son to go for a walk which was awesome but then after we left I got home and found a bee in the house(3rd one that day). I couldn't take it. I took James up and headed back out the door.
D was in class(finals) and wouldn't be out for 2 hours. I figured we could handle the time out and about. So, we went and found some food (we were both starving) and then played at the town center near our house.
Next we wandered down the street and found a little league game going on and sat and watched that for a bit. Now, by this time it was after 7 and D was due home around 7:45 or so....then my brain got to thinking. What if D runs over? He can't answer his cellphone right now because of the final. Who else can I call? I ended up leaving a message on D's phone which it turns out only worried him cause he couldn't do nothing. I thought about calling my father-in-law but I knew he had one of the kids over who was having trouble with school and didn't want to bother him. I considered calling James' godfather (who lives around the corner from us) but the thought kept going through my head "A little bit longer, D will come home, just a little bit longer". And so the next 30 minutes or so went. D did indeed get home right around 7:45 and we then went out in search of Bug Spray for Indoor use.
By the time we got home (near 10) James was passed out, I had a headache the size of Texas and was just all around grumpy. I had trouble sleeping and woke up with the headache and sore nose. I am now doped up on what I can take and am looking forward to going home and relaxing this afternoon...though I do have a cake to make....that can wait till tomorrow I think.
I love being outside and running around but what's up with the allergies this year? Or maybe its me. My body is not what it used to be....
** for anyone taking note I have reported the problem to the complex we live at and they are working to remedy as quick as they can.
No comments:
Post a Comment