Friday, June 24, 2011

Summer already?

I desperately need to upload some pics - sorry grandma and happy early birthday!

but I am not on the computer to do so :(

So, I'll give you some stats for now

Nate @ 24 months - Officially 2 and totally living up to the name terrible two's, le sigh
He is 36.5" tall
He weighs in around 33-34lbs -- talk about an armful
He is not talking as much as we would like but he understands everything!
- Daddy means "Hey you"
- Dat means "I want that thing over there that I don't know what to call"
- Yesh means "Yes"
- No means well, no
- Outside - all the time if he could thought the mosquitoes love his poor little legs
- and he can say sorry :)
Love cars, trucks, planes, and animals
and he is a cuddler who loves to give kisses!

James @ 4.25ish
Counting to 60, working to get too a 100
Knows and recognizes letters - working on the phonics and how they go together
He loves to rhyme and tell jokes - knock knocks are his favorite
He is learning some simple math - 2+2, 3+3...2+3 and 3+2 :) "Bam it's 5" he says
Solid swimmer going under water and swimming for seconds at a time
And - an excellent rule follower! Doing so well and he loves to "Make deals" :)

D
Finally finished Grad School and passed!
Has begun hitting up the gym - Yay!
Working with me towards healthier meals and getting more active

Me?
Besides despising doctors I guess I'm doing ok. So, thyroid is in check - supposedly - and there should be no symptoms. Uh huh, sure. My stomach has issues and I eventually need to see a gastroenterologist.....not jumping on that one just yet. My cholesterol has also jumped scary high
enough to need medicine and I've been told to see a cardiologist... hasn't happened yet. I've been see-ing the dentist trying to get my teeth aright. After a bought of periodontitis and 7 cavities I thought I was good....turns out the slight overbite that doctors have overlooked for years is actually a problem and I'm being told I need braces.....sheesh

D has joked that my warranty is running out :P and sadly I have to agree with him. I was fine for so long and tested fate playing Rugby without insurance coverage.....le sigh again

So, I need to loose weight, change my diet, get active, wear a mouth guard at night when I sleep, and still somehow find time to be mom-wife-homemaker-and worker. Right now the health stuff is pushed to the side cause I just can't handle it right now. I'm trying to help D and I know eventually his healthier habits will bleed off on to me .... right?

Yes, I need a vacation. :P

No comments: