Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A year in short review

We are always changing and evolving our lives around whatever might be the priority at that specific moment. As the year goes by those priorities change and we change and well....it's amazing ow much can differ from month to month, year to year:

Come January of every year millions of people revolve their lives around new gym memberships and diet plans they can never hope to stick to....but they do it.

By February sweets and love are on the brain and the gym membership sits unused.

By mid-March spring and being outdoors is on the brain. New beginnings and new life fill our lives. Sunshine and fresh air is anticipated on baited breath....

By July it's hot, we're ready for cooler days or perhaps we really are enjoying that pool right about now. Vacations and warm days fill our lives. Growth, fresh food, daily exercise....yet

by September it is the beginning of school year, back to the daily grind. The days will begin to get shorter and darker and as we anticipate the holidays upcoming the stress, yet joy too hopefully, begins to build. The roads are suddenly busier and your commute takes twic as long while people figure out how to drive again. The gyms begin to get busy again as the weather outside becomes less ideal for play...

By mid-December you are either relaxing and enjoying being ready and set for the season or you are a mess of stress counting down the minutes to those days off you've already taken off from work :)

Now, me personally? Some of the above affects me and I find myself following the latest trend until I see something greener to follow or just give up and go about what feels natural to me. Last November I started a Lifestyle Change program thru my doctors office. I stuck fairly well to it for nearly a month (in and around the holidays even) and I've found that 3 months later there are still things I have incorporated into my daily life. Lifestyle change, interesting.

There are no quick fixes, and there is nothing wrong with trying new things.....right?

No comments: