****Story details are given away in this post
So Dan and I have been reading the most recent edition from Dan Brown, The Lost Symbol, and it is as quick paced, chock full of vivid imagery, wonderful story-telling we have come to expect from Brown. Love it! It's been especially fun to read aloud with Dan...finding times to do so has been tough but we're making our way through :)
Until a point last night. I think I've only come across this imagery...maybe a handful of times out of ALL the thousands of books I've read thru the years. Most authors don't delve into the first person view of death. Now, Brown did not linger on it, made it very simple and to the point but it was written in such a way that you didn't expect the character to expire. You're reading her thoughts, rooting for her to get out of the grasp of the eveil guy, kick him in the balls and break free....more then likely to suffer massive internal injuries due to the head dunking in the ethanol, but nonetheless.....
Nope, she's fighting, or at least trying to, and then she dips into blackness (here's where your hoping all will be alright in the end) and then Brown switches to the viewpoint of the evil guy thinking over the girls dead body....what, uh hold on...Dead? Just like that?
Now, I know death is out there, its all around but it's tough to swallow when read so smoothly....does that make any sense? I'm not used to reading a first persons account of the last moments
Just wanted to take note
No comments:
Post a Comment