Well, here are some updates from the last month...hopefully so much time won't go between the next posts:
Nathan is crawling(as of Thanksgiving Day) First real venture forward was towards cake that James was eating on the floor. Nathan made his way forward to it and put his whole fist in before we realized what was happening! Stopped him from eating said cake but what a hoot! In less then a week he is moving around with fair ease and is already crawling to places to pull himself up to standing and then balancing. Yikes! Enjoy crawling you silly boy!
James is officially wearing undies (diapers at night) and doing fairly well with it. With M&M's as the reward, staying dry and wearing big boy undies James actually does well...until he gets distracted playing and just forgets. Whoops. But, we're getting there and this time we are NOT going to let him back-peddle into diapers. He has shown enough initiative of his own that to do so would reward this step-back and that would not be good.
Dan is almost done classes for this semester but has a ways to go still. We're hoping to have him graduated by Spring 2011...crosses fingers. Having him in class is not so bad really. I do miss him when he is in class (time away from the boys) and finding time for him to get homework done is touch at times too...oh well, almost done.
Work - well my office mate took a position in another part of our group and we have been training a temp who will fill in till they hire someone one full time. I've worked with Ann for 2 years now and its going to be tough. I already miss her and it just fuels my own desire to find another income source or find ways to stay home. I don't thrive on making new relationships and so work is stressful on a different level right now. Not bad, the temp is really really nice, it's just .
.
.
different.
In other news I went in for a Physical with the doc and found out my cholesterol is high...knew that, and my weights high...duh, knew that too. He reccomended a Lifestyle Change Program that is supervised by him and a Nutritionist to help me turn my habits towards the better and hopefully see numbers heading a healthy well direction. Well, I'm 1.5 weeks in, down 5 pounds (3 of which is fat) and I'm not starved yet, lol. I need to up my activity but in terms of diet it is very do-able and I do feel a difference. It is a modified Mediterranean Diet with less grains and the idea behind it is to even-keel blood sugar spikes and curb sugar cravings. Kool. I find that I am less hungry but then I forget to eat...supposed to eat something every 3-4 hours at most and to break the fast of sleep with 1/2 hour of waking up with protein....its a work in progress :)
Other news? Our water pump may go soon but for the moment our well is working and we have water (came home last night to discover it was not working at all. In this case, thank goodness for bottled). The fence is still not done, lol, though there is hope to finish it early in the new year because we are looking into adding a dog to the family. :)
Otherwise, getting ready for Christmas and a trip to see family over the holiday while also prepping for family coming here (Can't wait to see you Mike and Heather!) and just keeping up with the day to day.
Feels like there's a lot happening but in actuality theres not...maybe its just because we haven't had much sunshine (not helped by the time of year) .
No comments:
Post a Comment